Thursday, January 17, 2013

Intro Blog

Why did you choose to take this course?
     
          When choosing classes to take for the semester I was very interested in taking this course for a few different reasons.  The course description made the class sound very interesting and as if it would teach me a lot about a topic that I do not know much about.  Also, I thought that this class might apply well to my major.  I am an occupational therapy major and figured that there may be times that I will be dealing with clients who have an addiction of some sort.  My goal one day is to work in mental health and I figure that many people with mental issues may have or once had some type of addiction.  Having an understanding of addictions may allow me to better relate to and treat a patient.

By the end of the course, what do you want to know?
     
           By time this course concludes I would like to of learned what causes a person to develop an addiction.  I would like to be able to understand what in a person's mind causes them to create a dependency or need for something and why it is so hard for the mind to break away from the thing that it feels it most needs.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure that you will find the information we cover in this course helpful with regard to your career. Looking forward to a great semester!

    ReplyDelete